Thursday, January 10, 2013

Giving Thanks

We spent a lot of time not knowing whether or not we would be able to make a quick trip to Idaho for the holidays.  But Ben came home from work with good news (that does not seem to happen very often).  We were together as a little family and even able to spend time together with extended family.  I haven't been "home" for Thanksgiving since college.  It has been really wonderful to have Ben around for holidays.   This is quite a change for our family and we will enjoy it while it lasts!  The kids were pretty good troopers, but the drive does get long.  I think Ben was pretty impressed that I pulled it off by myself a few weeks earlier.  

I had a few crafts planned for the kids to help entertain them while we waited for dinner.  After our delicious meal we headed out on our annual pheasant hunt.  We usually go before the meal, and I must admit that it was hard to convince myself that hiking around was a good idea after my tummy was stuffed with good food.  Rhone was excited to see what the wish bone was.  He was pretty serious about breaking it too.  We have been blessed beyond belief this year and are so grateful for our family!




Gramps is pretty amazing and made the hunting trek with us!
Rhone gave Olin his birthday present before we left

Nana is the best at snuggling babies to sleep

The kids with their Great Grandpa/ma Roser

No comments:

Post a Comment