Saturday, April 13, 2013

Nana and Papa came!

We loved having my parents come to visit.  Rhone was quite excited that Papa was coming too.  We took a trip to Point Reyes National Seashore.  On the way we drove through Sonoma and the wine country.  We stopped at a little local place for lunch and visited train town.  It was a list minute thing, but Rhone really loved the train ride.  They take you around the little park and let you off in an old western miniature sized town.  We loaded back in the truck to finish the drive.  We hiked out the see the elephant seals, we hiking down to the light house (I didn't get any pictures there) and then we finally made it to the beach.  Rhone was so devastated that I didn't bring his swim clothes.  I kept explaining that it was going to be cold.  He had a blast in the chilly water anyway and got Papa to get wet with him.  We stopped and had dinner at a Czech restaurant.  We made Ben tell us all about the food.  It was a fun little find.  

We spent some time at the house to recover from our busy travel day.  My dad made a little gate for Ace so we can kennel him when we are using the backyard space and don't want a dog in our business.  Nana and I made it out for some shopping too.  Finally we made a day trip to Grass Valley.  It is such an interesting town and there is beautiful hiking around there.  My parents were kind enough to watch the kiddos too, so Ben and I could be out for a date night.  The car battery wouldn't start when we were done eating.  It was quite the date :)


 I love his excitement. 

I wanted to take some pictures of Rhone.  The only way I could get him to put on a collared shirt was to tell him he would be just like Papa.







 Look at that gorgeous soil profile!  


I love watching the kids wander off a little ways and just discover and explore.  Childhood is such a magical time of life.  There is just so much to learn and so much curiosity. 



Nana and Papa brought Sylvie's birthday gift with them and lots of Valentine gifts too.  Including some very cool pop up books.



My Czech dinner.  Too bad it was so long ago I can't even tell ya much about it.  



1 comment:

  1. Love that you're enjoying California! So fun that both your parents could visit you guys! I think we'll always miss your family...

    ReplyDelete