Sunday, July 7, 2013

Getting into the groove

The rhythm of life naturally changes when Ben is gone. Instead of fighting it and trying to keep life the same, we embrace it and enjoy it as best as we can. While I miss Ben- I don't just wish that time would fly bye. I can't imagine wishing away half of a year of my children's childhood.  There is a line in a hymn thats says, "Time doth softly, sweetly glide when there's love at home". I can't think of a better way to sum up how I hope these 6+ months go. 

 Here's a recap of things we have done in Cali. We made crafts, we played, and ate good food, we did gym class, we went to birthday parties, and face timed with Ben and visited pioneer days and learned about mining. Rhone also had his first trip to the dentist. He's a cavity free kid. 


The waiting room at the dentist office 
See the cut behind Rhone? They mined the mountain clear down into a hole. 
Sylvie's best friend

Punching bubble- cool idea Rhone. 
My kids LOVE Jamba Juice. Ben got Sylvie a gift card for one of her gifts. 

Feeding herself 


We got Mario Kart and the kids love it. Luckily we have my amazing friend Haley to hangout with us too. 

Children's carnival in base 

Gym class with the kids. 
Talking to Dad


Working on his special picture frame 

We learned about bugs in preschool. 

No comments:

Post a Comment